The NCOC Women’s Ministry emphasizes women ministering to women for the purpose of encouraging and equipping women (through fellowship, bible study, and prayer) to grow in their relationship with Christ and to instill in them a godly passion and commitment as they serve their family, church, and community.
Encourage women to develop intimate relationships among women through fellowship, inspiring them to love and serve each other (John 13: 34-35 and Hebrews 3:13).
We host two annual events:
- One in the spring – with an emphasis on fellowship, encouragement and fun; and
- “O Holy Night” at the close of November, to center our hearts and minds on the miracle of Christ’s birth (Phil. 2:6-7) in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies (Micah 5:2-5).
Equip women by promoting personal daily bible study and prayer. Provide classroom bible study and opportunities to learn how to pray.
- Two weekly bible classes are offered throughout the year — on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening
- A daytime bible class held on Fridays from September through May
- A weekly call-in prayer line. The prayer line is open every Tuesday at 9pm. The phone number to call is (319) 527-2700 and the access code is 418084#.
Instill a godly passion to serve their family, church, and community by providing service opportunities within our community (Ephesians 4:1-3).
The women’s ministry joins together with our church family for community service opportunities:
- Extended Hands & Feet – bi-annual distribution of toiletries and household goods to members of our local community
- Feed My Starving Children – assembling food packets to send to children in poverty around the world
- PADS – our building is a host site on Friday evenings for several months each year
- Shults-Lewis Child & Family Services
Leave a Reply