You have some more learning to do. That’s not an insult but a recognition that we each have more to learn.
To Think About:
- Who was one of your favorite school teachers or college professors? What did they do that made them a good teacher?
- Read Luke 19:47-48. Why do you think so many people hung onto Jesus’ words? Why do you think others wanted to kill him for speaking those same words?
- Read John 7:14-16. Where does Jesus say his teachings originate? This puts Jesus’ words on par with God’s words to Adam and Eve, the 10 Commandments, the words of the prophets, etc. (Aware of this, read John 1:14.)
- How did Jesus aim to transform the lives of his followers through his teachings?
To Live Out:
How are you learning what you need to know? Whose teachings are you following, and where are they getting their information? If you learn from Jesus, you join a long legacy of his students. More than a student, you are a world-changer (Matt. 28:18-20). What will you say or do next that will reflect how good your Teacher is?
To Pray About:
- Tell God what you know you need to learn right now. Share with him how you aren’t sure you’ve learned all there is to learn about it.
- Ask Jesus to teach you and point you in the right direction.