The battles in your life were most likely there when you woke up this morning. A new one may have come up later in the day, but you’ve had to fight before, so you know you’ll keep at it. Even so, it’s tiring. What if you could find some hope in a story from many, many mornings ago?
To Think About:
- Read Joshua 6:1-11. What formidable obstacle was in front of the Israelites? What instructions were they given so they could win their battle?
- Read Joshua 6:2 and 20. They are the bookends of the story. God promised victory and then delivered it! Looking at the words between those two verses, along with your imagination, what all did the people have to do while they waited for victory to come?
- Read Romans 6:3-8. In what ways has Jesus given victory to those who believe in him? If you are a believer in Jesus, how have you seen this come true? If you are not a believer in Jesus, have you heard that Jesus did this for you?
- Read Romans 6:22-23. God promises eternal life to those who follow Jesus! Victory delivered! How is eternal life more than something that happens ‘later’ or ‘when Jesus comes back’?
To Live Out:
Because of Jesus, you have been promised victory, AND it has been delivered! There is still some waiting to do, but you are not alone. Envision marching around the wall or blowing a trumpet as you fight the daily battles in your own life. God has promised, and he will deliver!
To Pray About:
- Thank God for the faithful people that lived before you. They are examples for you.
- Ask God to help you know what actions you should take to win the battles you are fighting.