The arrival of Jesus is more than a baby in a manger. It even involves more than Jesus. Yesterday’s message taught you that God uses waypoints to show you he is leading the way. John the Baptist, like prophets before him, was getting people ready for the arrival of Jesus.
To Think About:
- Read Luke 3:7-14 to find out what John the Baptist was doing and saying. How did his actions and words get people ready for Jesus? What did you read that teaches you something needs to change in your own life?
- Read Mark 1:1-8. Mark calls the story of Jesus “good news.” Why is the message about Jesus good news to you? In what ways do you share that good news as you would other newsworthy parts of your life?
- God used John to get people ready to hear about Jesus. In this way, he was a waypoint on their journey. Have you ever considered yourself a waypoint so people can learn about Jesus? Does that excite you? Scare you? How else does that awareness make you feel?
To Pray About:
- Tell God how thankful you are for continuing to be a part of humanity’s story.
- Share with God how you want to be a person who effectively points others to Jesus. Let him know what intimidates or scares you. Then ask him to help strengthen you to lead despite those challenges.
- Ask God to forgive you for the times you pointed others away from God.
To Live Out:
You know about God because of what he has done, but you also know because of what someone else has said, written, shared, texted, or any number of things. You can be the same waypoint in someone else’s journey. Lead the way!