To Think About:
- Have you ever had to wear a uniform or specific clothes for a job you had? Think about the ways the job and the clothes worked together.
- Look at all the clothing described in Exodus 28. These were the items a priest would have been wearing at that time. A special role called for special clothes. Which of the items seems the most powerful to you? The most practical? The most peculiar? All of them meant that person could get close to the presence of God.
- Read Galatians 3:26-29. You can wear Christ! You can be that close to God! If you have been baptized, what do you remember about that day? In what ways have you been able to get closer to God since then?
- Read Romans 13:8-14. What are some specific ways given that you can reflect you are clothed by Christ?
To Pray About:
- Read Exodus 3:1-5. What does God want Moses to understand when he says, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob”? What does he want Moses to understand when he says even the ground is holy?
- Tell God what you feel about his holiness. Use those words to praise him.
- Express to God what knowing about Jesus means to you.
- In your prayer, recognize you are on holy ground.
To Live Out:
It has been said, “Clothes make the person.” When the apostle Paul says we can be clothed in Christ, what does that make you? If you wear Christ, that should influence your home-life, job, hobbies, TV-viewing, and even what you post online. As you get dressed each day this week, also remember that you are clothed in Christ.